Contact me - 3dbabyblog@gmail.com
If you click on the images they will open up in a bigger window.

Sunday 18 July 2010

Day 77: Slight change of angle lead to disaster.



Some people will do anything to get out of night feeds or changing dirty nappies. I'm 99% certain that it was not this, but my sleep deprived state, that lead to me finding myself sitting with 2" of a 4" nail protruding from my left hand.
I was hurriedly constructing an extension to the chicken run, with them squawking away noisily in my ear about how cramped it is in their already huge (9mx4m) run.
Piece of wood slipped, nail gun moved, angle changed, shot was fired...oops.
I did three stupid things in total
1) Shoot 4" nail into my hand.
2) Pulled it straight out. Much more painful on the way out than the way in. Later the doctor and plastic surgeon would quite rightly berate me for this. If it had hit the artery I could have passed out and bled to death.
3) Didn't get a photo. Let me repeat that. I DID NOT GET A PHOTO. Not even a 2D one. How many times in your life do you find yourself wearing a 4" nail? Shocking. Missed opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, please comment but, please don't use any language you wouldn't want my Mum to read!